Session 1 Coming April 10-13, 2017!
CooperationWorks! Professional Training: The Art and Science of Cooperative Development is a rigorous course for participants to develop the skills to start a new cooperative and assist groups to start new cooperative enterprises.
CW has designed an intensive, outcome-based curriculum focused exclusively on cooperative applications and real-world elements such as site visits and interactive case studies. The training provides critical lessons in cooperative business model, group facilitation and start-up issues while incorporating challenges cooperatives face today. Upon completion of the program participants will be able to:
- Understand the unique attributes of the cooperative business model
- Lead groups through the key steps of cooperative business development process
- Set up effective governance models for start-up cooperatives
- Apply strong group facilitation and communication skills
- Assess cooperative finance and capitalization strategies towards business success
- Advise groups on the process of completing a feasibility study
- Prepare a cooperative business plan
- Educate groups on the legal structure and the tax environment for cooperatives
- Build successful cooperative development ecosystems
Who should attend?
The course is designed for those who are seriously interested in cooperative development. It is a training for practitioners who are eager to move beyond the basics and engage in how concepts such as management, finance, and law apply in a cooperative setting so they are able to use the skills they learn at CW’s Art and Science of Cooperative Development in their current work. This transformative learning experience offers a chance to share best practices and be exposed to a diversity of perspectives brought by participants from different types of cooperatives as well as from non-profit and other grassroots organizations.